TED Talk:给自己一次机会,30天尝试新鲜事物

发布时间:2025-07-24 00:03

尝试新鲜事物,挑战自己的舒适区能增加发现新奇的机会 #生活乐趣# #创新乐趣# #新奇事物发现#

Try something new for 30 days

01

A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut, so I decided to follow in thefootsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock,

几年之前,我感觉生活枯燥乏味,所以我决定追随美国杰出的哲学家Morgan Spurlock的脚步,

and try something new for 30 days.

用30天的时间尝试新事物。

The idea is actually pretty simple.

这个想法其实非常间单。

Think about something you've always wanted to add to your life and try itfor the next 30 days.

想想那些你在生命中一直想做的事然后在接下来的三十天里尝试做这件事。

It turns out, 30 days is just about the right amount of time to add a newhabit or subtract a habit -- like watching the news -- from your life.

事实证明,三十天刚好是一段合这的时间在你的生活中去养成一个新的习惯或改掉一个习惯--例如看新闻。

There's a few things I learned while doing these 30-day challenges.

而我在这三十天的挑战里,学到了一些事。

02

The first was, instead of the months flying by, forgotten, the time wasmuch more memorable.

第一件事是,和那些匆匆流逝或被遗忘的月份相比,这段时间显得更弥足珍贵,令人难忘。

This was part of a challenge I did to take a picture every day for a month.

在这三十天的挑战里,每天我要拍摄一张照片。

And I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing that day.

我清楚记得每一天我身在何处当天做了哪些事。

I also noticed that as I started to do more and harder 30-day challenges,my self-confidence grew.

我也注意到随着我开始做更多更难的三十天挑战任务,我的自信心也增强了。

I went from desk dwelling computer nerd to the kind of guy who bikes towork -- for fun.

我从一位老是蜗在电脑桌前的宅男变成一位为了玩乐而骑脚踏车去上班的人。

Even last year, I ended up hiking up Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountainin Africa.

去年我甚至完成了非洲的最高峰,乞力马扎逻山的登山活动。

I would never have been that adventurous before I started my 30-daychallenges.

在我开始这三十天的挑战之前我从来没有这样爱冒险过。

03

I also figured out that if you really want something badly enough, you cando anything for 30 days.

我也发现如果你真的非常渴望做一些事情,这三十天是最好的时间。

Have you ever wanted to write a novel?

你曾想过写小说吗?

Every November, tens of thousands of people try to write their own50,000-word novel from scratch in 30 days.

每年十一月,有数以万计的人们打算用三十天的时间,从头开始撰写他们自己的五万字小说。

It turns out, all you have to do is write 1,667 words a day for a month.

结果你所要去做的事就是每天写1,667个字写上一个月。

So I did.

而我做到了。

By the way, the secret is not to go to sleep until you've written your wordsfor the day.

秘密就是除非你能在一天里写完1,667个字要不然你就别想睡觉。

You might be sleep-deprived, but you'll finish your novel.

你的睡眠时间可能被剥夺,但你将会完成你的小说。

Now is my book the next great American novel?

那么我写的书会成为下一部伟大的美国小说吗?

No. I wrote it in a month.

不会,一个月就写完的小说。

It's awful.

读起来极其可怕。

But for the rest of my life, if I meet John Hodgman at a TED party, I don'thave to say, "I'm a computer scientist."

但在我的后半辈,如果我在一个TED派对上遇见John Hodgman,我不一定得说:「我是一位电脑专家。」

No, no, if I want to, I can say, "I'm a novelist."

不,如果我想,我能说「我是一位小说家。」

04

So here's one last thing I'd like to mention.

我最后想提的一件事。

I learned that when I made small, sustainable changes, things I could keepdoing, they were more likely to stick.

我学到了:当我做些小的持续性的改变,就是一些我可以持续做的事情时,这些事比较能够有始有终。

There's nothing wrong with big, crazy challenges.

又大又疯狂的挑战并没有什么不对。

In fact, they're a ton of fun.

事实上,那些挑战乐趣无穷。

But they're less likely to stick.

但是那些挑战不太可能坚持下去。

When I gave up sugar for 30 days, day 31 looked like this.

当我要在三十天里不吃糖,第三十一天看上去就像这样哈哈哈。

So here's my question to you: What are you waiting for?

所以我想请问大家:你们还在等什么?

I guarantee you the next 30 days are going to pass whether you like it ornot, so why not think about something you have always wanted to try andgive it a shot for the next 30 days.

我保证大家在未来三十天会去经历你喜欢或者不喜欢的事,那为什么不考虑一些你一直想去尝试做的事并在未来三十天里试试给自己一个机会。

Thanks.

谢谢。

返回搜狐,查看更多

网址:TED Talk:给自己一次机会,30天尝试新鲜事物 https://klqsh.com/news/view/46823

相关内容

挑战自己,用30天去改变人生
30天自我挑战清单,让生活焕然一新
30天改变自己,你敢挑战吗
30天自我挑战,体验多样生活新篇章
100件你一定要尝试的人生趣事
30天不玩手机,惊人效果竟让生活焕然一新!
春节前30天自律挑战,轻松赢回生活!
一天做一件,尝试21天精简生活挑战
30天断舍离挑战:生活新篇章
提升幸福感的100件小事,快来试试吧

随便看看